Thursday, December 6, 2012

I Caught Vomit in My Hand


Warning...this post gets kind of gross. Please don't read if you have a weak stomach. 

Up until recently my daughter had not had a stomach ache that ended in vomiting since she was too young to remember. She came home one day last week with a stomach ache and we tried everything we could think of to make it go away. I kept trying to explain to her what it feels like when you are about to vomit and told her if she felt like she needed to do that, to aim for the toilet. 
A couple of hours later we were sitting in the bathroom when she makes what I recognize to be a vomiting sound. I start trying to get her to aim for the toilet but she panicked and seeing that she was about to throw up on the wall and rug, I automatically stuck out my hand to catch the sick. After it was over, my daughter looked down at what she had done, and said "oh, is that vomit?" I said yes and she said "oh, ok." And then she just walked out of the room to go play with her Barbie’s, leaving me standing there with a handful of her vomit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment