Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm Not Allowed to Talk to Strangers

So I took my daughter out for breakfast at a local fast food place with an indoor playground. She was playing on the playground for about half an hour and no other kids had showed up so we were getting ready to give up and leave, when finally another little girl came in. Kaylee was so excited...until she tried to talk to the other girl. This is the conversation they had.

Kaylee: "Hi! My name is Kaylee, what's you're name?"

Girl: "I'm not allowed to talk to strangers"

Kaylee: "But you're talking to me to tell me you're not allowed to talk to strangers..."

Girl: "I'm not talking to you! You're talking to me!!!"

It continued to escalate until Kaylee said "I'm going to go tell your mom! I saw you come in with her, I know which one she is!!!!"

If I hadn't decided it was time for Kaylee to leave, she probably would have too. I really should have split them up sooner, but every time I opened my mouth to say "Kaylee let's go" I just burst out laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment